About Us

St Augustine's Church and Community Centre

St Augustine's was built in 1898 to serve the expanding population in this part of the city as a school during the week and a church on Sundays. While StAugustine's continues to serve its community as a Church it has also undergone extensive refurbishment and redevelopment so that it is now a contemporary, flexible and multi-purpose building available for hire by local community groups and for social events.

Facilities include


Rooms

The Canterbury Hall - a large central hall which can be enlarged by the removal of screens between other rooms.

The Oxford Room - A smaller meeting room with separate side access in addition  to access to the gallery kitchen and toilets 

The Darwin Room - A smaller meeting room with separate side access in addition to access to the main kitchen. 

The Richmond Room - Front lobby area with A Cafe style tables and access to the main kitchen and toilets.

The main Kitchen - a large fully equipped kitchen suitable for large scale catering 

The Gallery Kitchen - a small kitchen suitable for making drinks

We offer wiFi internet access as well as digital projection facilities. The building has disabled access, toilets and a hearing loop system. Toilets in both the front and back of the building also offer baby changing facilities.
Share by: