St Augustine’s has supported the local community since 1898. It serves as the Church of England church, part of the Parish of the Ascension, Cambridge and a member of Church At Castle. Services are open to all and are held every Sunday at 9.30 (see below for exceptions).
After substantial restoration in 2012-2016, the buildings offer excellent facilities for events from small groups up to 120 people. We are grateful to the support of Cambridge City Council, who have provided several Community Grants, and to many other donors and sponsors who made these renovations possible.
Sunday 9.30am – Family service with sung eucharist.
On the Sundays after Christmas, Easter and the August Bank holiday an ecumenical service is held that may be at a different church in Church At Castle , and additional services are held at Christmas and Easter – check the calendar for details.
On the first Sunday of each month the service is usually followed by the open Community Lunch club.
We welcome, without exception, all who want to explore the possibility of faith in their lives. We aim to be an inclusive community, proclaiming Christ’s gospel of love.
St Augustine’s hosts two choirs:
- Community Choir – performs at Christmas and Easter, rehearsing after Sunday services
- St Augustine’s Singers – performs at some services and at an extensive programme of events across Cambridge.
Safeguarding – Caring for children and vulnerable adults.
The Parish of the Ascension in all its churches is committed to safeguarding all those who attend the worship and other activities that we offer. Safeguarding promotes the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and includes all actions to protect them from harm.
• The Parish of the Ascension follows recommended safeguarding practice in recruiting, training and supporting our ordained and lay ministers, our employees and our volunteers.
• We follow the House of Bishops’ Policy statement,‘Promoting a safer church‘ (2017) and guidelines from the Diocese of Ely
• The Parish of the Ascension’s Safeguarding Policy for children and vulnerable adults is available to download from homepage of the Parish’s website http://www.churchatcastle.org/
Any concerns can be discussed in confidence with our safeguarding officer, Ank Rigelsford, who can be contacted at the parish office or by phoning 01223 315000 or 01223 368150.
The Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor is Rebecca Boswell 01353 652731/07904 487912
The Local Authority Children’s Social Care contact numbers are 0345 045 5203 (8-6pm Monday to Friday) 01733 234 724 (out of hours)
The Local Authority Adult Social Care contact numbers are 0345 045 5202 8am to 6pm weekdays, 9am to 1pm Saturday
If someone is in danger and unable to protect themselves, or cannot remain in the community without immediate intervention, telephone: 01733 234 724