You are invited to celebrate St Augustine’s 120th birthday
Saturday 26th May 2018.
2-4 pm: History of St Augustine’s exhibition, Café open serving Victorian treats.
6-7 pm: 120th Anniversary concert
Music from 1898 with St Augustine’s Singers.
Works by Elgar, Grainger, Debussy and Coleridge Taylor.
Paul Jackson (conductor), Amanda Dean, Stephen Lawrence, Alice Woods (soloists), Colin Hazel (piano), Philip Mead.
Philip Mead will play the original harmonium installed in 1898, returning to the church for the first time since its restoration.
Sunday 27th May 2018.
8 am: Simple service of Holy Communion
9.30 am: Service of celebration of St Augustine’s, past present and future
Featuring Philip Mead playing the 1898 harmonium. Note there will not be Holy Communion at this service.
12 – 2 pm: Bring and share Victorian Buffet lunch
12-4 pm: History of St Augustine’s exhibition, Café open serving Victorian treats.
St Augustine’s was opened in 1898 as the local school, and church, in what was then a rapidly-developing district to the north-west of Cambridge. It has always functioned as a dual-purpose building, and when the school moved to Mayfield Primary School, it has served very effectively as a community centre.
This Victorian-themed weekend of events will celebrate the building’s heritage 120 years after it first opened, and its lively and diverse present.